- There are more than 4,000 associates currently
employed at Plant Oxford.
- Plant Swindon has around 800 associates.
- BMW Plant Hams Hall plant also has around 800 associates.
- Between 2012 and 2015 BMW Group will have invested a further
£750 million in its Oxford, Swindon and Hams Hall plants taking
investment in UK production to £1,75 billion since 2000.
- The MINI paint facility was the UK's second biggest
construction project (after the Millennium Dome) and cost £80
- There are approximately 3,600 components in a new MINI
- There are approximately 4,000 different parts supplied to Plant
Oxford for the production of the MINI.
- More than 1,000 robots apply between 4,000 and 6,000 spot
welds to create the new MINI bodyshell.
- The total area of the paintshop is 38,430 square metres.
- Taking MINIs by train saves more than 1.4 million lorry miles
- More than 200 checks are carried out in assembly to ensure the
correct parts are fitted and quality is as high as possible.